Unknown benefits of Incense.
Most of us tend to view incense as a way to freshen up a room and hide odours but there is much more to these simple sticks/grains than meets the eye.
For starters incense can be split into various groups:
Clearing – these are used to clear your mind of negative thoughts so you can enter a place peaceful and happy.
Smudge Sticks – have been used for centuries by the Native Americans to transform negative energy; heal and cleanse rooms of unwanted energy.
Incense sticks/grains/burners – you are probably most familiar with these as they are often used to refresh your mind, body and spirit; improve mental clarity and sooth your senses.
And then there are their physical and psychological benefits!
Whether you choose to use sticks, grains or burners; incense can provide you with an array of benefits that can improve your health, mind and relationships as well as fill your home with beautiful fragrances.
All you need to decide is which one is the best one for you;
- Enhanced concentration and focus– Cinnamon, Lavender, Patchouli, Rose
- Creativity – Aloeswood, Benzoin, Cinnamon, Copal-Gold, Frankincense, Labdanum, Catnip, Ginger, Hops, Star Anise
- Increased motivation – Three Kings, Althea, Chamomile, Rosemary, Willow, Musk Root, Allspice
- Confidence – Rosemary, Garlic, Chamomile, Musk Root, St John’s Wort, Thyme, Oak, Woodruff
- Heightening sexual desire – Patchouli, Dragon’s Blood, Coco, Night Queen, Jasmine, Vanilla, Purple
- Preventing infections – Amber, Cinnamon, Pino
- Relieving headaches – Sage, Rose, Benzoin, Meadowsweet
- Fighting depression – Frankincense, Sandalwood, Aloe, Indian Cedar
- Reducing tension and anxiety – Eucalyptus, Lavender, Ginger, Lemon
- Overcoming insomnia – Benzoin, Musk Seed, Myrrh, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Valerian, Basil, Chamomile, Lavender, Mugwort, Marjoram, Rosemary, Star Anise, Thyme, Poppy Seed.
And you don’t even have to buy incense sticks. It is possible to create your own and choose which combination of grains, oils and herbs you want to use.